Saturday, July 23, 2011

30 Day Challenge | Day 14: TV Addiction

If you remember this post, you'll remember that this penny pinching household no longer has cable.  SO, being obsessed with any particular TV show is a little more difficult for me than for others.  However, I have a hubby who can find me just about anything on the Interwebs.

Lately, I have been watching series from beginning to end.  I started with Mad Men, then re-watched Felicity in its entirety, then went all the way through Big Love.  Now, reality TV is up.  I am making my way through the current season of So You Think You Can Dance.
I love dance.  I think it's beautiful.  (Maybe that's because I spent many, many hours of my childhood in the dance studio.)  I love that they showcase all different types of dance, from ballroom to hip hop.  I love that there is a story to all of the different performances.  I love that these kids are realizing a dream.

And before you non-dancers judge me for what you may believe is an utter waste of time, you should know that even J occasionally finds the beauty in this show.  Every season there are one or two stunning dances that stay with me.

Watch these two from past seasons and tell me that there isn't something special about this show.  The first is about a woman fighting addiction, the second about a woman battling breast cancer.  Chills, every single time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...