Saturday, July 16, 2011

30 Day Challenge | Day 7: Dream Wedding

This one is easy-peasy.  I got my dream wedding.  The wedding that little girls dream about.  Right down to the tiara.

When J and I got engaged, we were full steam ahead with the wedding planning.  I started researching wedding venues immediately, and within a couple of days, we were off to visit some of my favorite sites.  The problem we ran into was that we picked the most gorgeous site to look at first.  I mean, the place was pure perfection, and was literally designed for the day to flow exactly as I saw it flowing in my dreams.  After this, every other place we looked at was crap.

Once we worked out a few kinks (or really, one big kink- moving the wedding from a Saturday to a Sunday to be able to afford said site of perfection), we booked The Umstead Hotel.  Beautiful outdoor ceremony site, complete with flowers and a pond, lovely terrace for cocktail hour, stunning grand ballroom for reception.  AH-mazing.




The details were even more beautiful that I could have imagined.  Classic black and white, with red flowers to accent.




My gown was satin, beaded, crystaled, HUGE!, with a looong train.  And yes, I had a tiny little tiara to wear in my hair.





I felt every bit the princess, walking down the aisle to marry her prince.
We were surrounded by our favorite people.  And when we walked into the reception as man and wife, we had the time of our lives!



My wedding truly was my dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...