Wednesday, July 27, 2011

30 Day Challenge | Day 18: Fears

My fears fall into two categories: phobias, and completely irrational, crazy, never-gonna-happen fears.

We'll start with my phobia.  It's arachnophobia.  As in, I'm ridiculously afraid of spiders.  (Well, all bugs, really, but especially spiders.)  So much so that I do not care to search for an image of the eight-legged monster to illustrate my phobia.  Instead, I will include the movie poster from the movie Arachnophobia.  Remember that oldie but goodie?  (NOT.) 
How my ten-year-old self ever made it though that movie is beyond me.

And my crazy, irrational fear.  Although I've never been in any kind of serious car accident, I have crazy car fears.  One of them is flipping my car.  The other is crashing into water.  Put these two together, and you have the crazy car accident where my car flips over and lands in water.  I truly want one of those devices that will cut you out of your seat belt and smash your car window so that you can escape the sinking car.  Seriously.  J thinks I'm nuts, but this is the stuff of my nightmares.  
Yep, I'm scared of that.
Unfortunately, spiders are a part of life.  Especially since I live in the south, where bugs just never die.  Here's to hoping that this crazy car situation stays firmly in my nightmares...or something like that.

1 comment:

  1. I always have dreams where I accidentally crash my car into water! Like I am driving on a dock or some bridge without rails over water and I fall off the edge! SCARY!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...