Friday, March 16, 2012

Pinspired: Pinned It, Did It! Vol. 1

New feature!  I have really been utilizing Pinterest a lot these days.  Mostly for recipes, but also a few other crafty things.  I thought that this would be a good place to record all of those efforts- you know, for posterity's sake.

And although I am calling this Vol. 1, I should certainly reference here (birthday party theme courtesy of Pinterest) and here (Pinterest recipe reviews).

Here are a few of my latest endeavors!


Magic in the Middle Cookies.  I made these awhile back, actually, to put on my Christmas cookie trays.  I have got to say that they were absolutely delicious, and it was fun to watch people bite into them and be surprised by the magic inside (peanut butter really is magical, no?).  That being said...they were a pure pain in the ass to make.  Not sure I'll be making these too often, and definitely not during my Christmas cookie baking extravaganza.


52 Reasons Why I Love You gift.  I took the time to craft this for J as a Valentine's Day gift.  He told me that if our house were to ever catch on fire, this would be the one thing he'd want to save from the flames.  (After me and the nugget, I'm assuming.)  Not sure I could have received a higher compliment.  BEST. GIFT. EVER.


The Sock Bun.  I have become a little OBSESSED with the sock bun.  I just can't quite master it- I think because of the layers in my haircut?  I'm not exactly sure, but I do know that I will get it someday.  I really love this easy look.


Crockpot BBQ Chicken.  This was only okay.  I think that boneless, skinless chicken breasts tend to get a little dry in the slow cooker.  This may have been better with dark meat, but I am most definitely not a dark meat eater.  Next time, I'll stick to the grill.

1 comment:

  1. Try this for help with your sock bun:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdX1bwOdxKs&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&safe=active

    -KShaw

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...