Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Review

Lately, I have been feeling really rather cool.  Like I am way ahead of the trends.  Like, I've been on Pinterest since waaaaay before everybody and their mother joined up.*  It was a sweltering August day when I received my invite.  (I wrote about it here.)  Booyah!

Anywho, since that fateful summer day, I have become even more obsessed.  Of course, there is an app for that, and I could spend hours on my phone just scrolling through recent pins, and pin, pin, pinning away onto my own boards (of which there are now a whopping TEN).

I have been particularly excited about the recipes that I have pinned.  This week, I attempted four of them.  Here is a brief review:



Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin- this recipe was delish. I am a sucker for the crock pot, and am always looking for recipes that don't involve chicken. This pork turned out so incredibly tender (as crock pot meats tend to do), and the sweet glaze was fantastic. Definitely making this one again.


Roasted Broccoli- I made this alongside the pork. This broccoli was talked up as the broccoli to beat all broccolis. Let me preface by saying that I am NOT a broccoli lover- in fact, I am a broccoli HATER. But I thought I'd give it a try, given that the chef's husband declared that biting into this broccoli was better than biting into a steak. After trying it myself, I declare that man to be a LIAR. J, who IS a broccoli lover, declared that this tasted weird. As such, I declare that I will not be roasting broccoli again.


Lemon Blueberry Loaf- again, delish. The bread (or cake?) turned out so moist and yummy. A word of advice to those who may attempt this: I found that the suggested cook time wasn't long enough. I baked for a total of 65 minutes. I also found that I did not grease my loaf pan well enough, and I left the bottom of the loaf in the pan. Sad face. :( Although the loaf didn't look so pretty, it still tasted amazing.


Crock Pot Sesame Chicken- I call bullshit on this one. It tasted nothing like the beloved Chinese takeout version. (Shocking! I know, as I used only chicken breasts and they weren't breaded or fried.) However, the meat was tender and the sauce was good, so it was not a total waste. It just isn't something that will go into my permanent rotation. And I had high hopes for this one. Shucks.

There ya' have it.  Bon apetit.  

* Just to clarify, I am not upset that everyone and their mother has joined up.  In fact, I quite enjoy following so many of my people.  Keep pinning, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...