Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Grammy Fashion Wrap-Up

The Grammy awards are a laid back, fun evening to celebrate the music industry.  I'm afraid that the death of Whitney Houston cast such a pall on the night that people left their hotel rooms without checking a mirror first.  Yikes.  I was uninspired by the evening's fashion, so I did not bother to look up designers- nonetheless, here is a rundown of some of the hits and misses!

ICK:

Alicia Keys.  I hate it when someone ruins a look with bad accessorizing.  This LBD is fantastic, but that necklace looks like a warrior's breastplate.  No, thank you.

Alison Krauss.  Is that an oversized lace doily draped over her shoulders, concealing the top half of a dress that was clearly caught in a shredder?

Robyn.  I don't know who this person is, but I do know that those shoes are the worst thing to hit the red carpet since Lady Gaga's egg last year.

Taraji P. Henson.  Shiny animal print?  Baby pink halter top?  Ick.

Nicki Minaj.  Why, Nicki?  Why?

Rebecca Black.  REBECCA BLACK?  WHY is she there?  Her Internet crap was SO 2011.  Also, she looks stupid.

HUZZAH!:

Giuliana Rancic looks smokin' hot.  For a woman who just recently underwent a double mastectomy and breast reconstruction, she sure does look confident and glamorous on the red carpet.  I salute you, Giuliana. 

Julianne Hough.  The detailing on this gown gives it the edge that it needs for Grammy night.

Kate Beckinsdale.  Love the ponytail, love the creamy color, love the draping, love the length.  Well done.

Kathy Griffin.  For once, I do believe that she won't end up on a  "Worst Dressed" list.

Paris Hilton.  Why she is even AT the Grammy's, I have no idea.  But I love the gold detailing and cap sleeves on this gown.

WINNER WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER.  Adele did it right.  Simple, elegant, classy.  I adore her signature red lips and big hair.  This look may be a touch matronly on someone else, but I think its perfect for this Grammy darling.  Incidentally, I haven't been able to get "Someone Like You" out of my head since Sunday night.

Question Marks:
Fergie.  I don't inherently hate this see-through dress.  I'm just not sure I love the bright orange/black combo.  Too Halloweenish?

Katy Perry.  This dress had great potential.  I don't mind all of the blueness.  I DO mind the lack of a good bra.  For shame, Katy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...