Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Not Enough Tech

ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
“There’s a new channel called DOGTV that offers 24 hours of programming to entertain dogs while their owners are gone. That’s crazy. My dog doesn’t want to watch TV -- not when I just got him an iPad.” -- Jimmy Fallon


This was sent to me this morning (thanks, Dad!) and it made me think about our household.

Being married to a "techy" guy, we have a lot of tech.  And when I say a lot, I mean a shitload.  Between the two of us, we have two smart phones, once micro-cell, one tablet, and and at least five computers running at all times (we also have other computers that are not in constant use- because what household doesn't need two or three spare computers?).  

Before J, I was pretty simple.  One non-smart phone and one mediocre desktop computer.  I was good.  But now that my nerdy man has introduced me to the wonders of technology, I kinda want more.

SO, for my birthday present to myself, I am using my monies to purchase an iPad. 

"But wait," I hear you saying.  "Don't the Andersons already have an iPad?"  

Well, the answer to that would be yes.  And apparently, one is not enough.  I want my own.  So as soon as this rumored iPad 3 is announced, and the iPad 2's suddenly drop in price, I will be snatching one up immediately.

And just so you know, even though we are fans of the gadgets, we have not yet purchased any tech for our dogs.  It's probably not too far of a stretch, though, to think that Gabe will have tech of his own before preschool...   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...