Thursday, February 9, 2012

Movie Review: Captain America

Yes, I know I'm really late on this one, and this movie has been released for-like-ever.  But I've just gotten around to watching it, so bear with me as I review.

I hate to admit it, but I like superhero movies.  Yep, I dig the X-Men and I think Batman is the coolest.  I enjoy this particular type of action movie.

So this whole Avengers-in-the-making sequence has been lots of fun.  Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, and now Captain America have been introduced, leading up to the big day (May 4th) when they all come together.  Hulk? Entertaining.  Iron Man?  Tony Stark is one of the best characters ever.  Thor?  Meh.

Captain America falls somewhere above Thor, but falls well below Iron Man.
I liked the concept here.  I mean, it doesn't get much better than an attractive, brave soldier kicking a bunch of Nazi ass.  But the cheese factor was a little much for me.

If I saw one more motorcycle bursting through a fiery inferno and flying through the air, I just might have lost my lunch.

But I did appreciate the intermingling of movies and the inclusion of some Iron Man back story (can you tell that one is my favorite?).  As Captain America took place during the 1940's, we got a little peek into how all of this Avenger's nonsense got started.  Fun stuff.

All in all, I'll give it a solid C+.  It was aaaright.  Not the best movie ever, but entertaining, and a necessary inclusion in the Avengers saga.
Can't wait to see all of these superheros kicking ass in one movie.  Bring on May 4th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...