Sunday, July 10, 2011
30 Day Challenge | Day 1: A Recent Photo of Me! (And Some Other Stuff.)
2. I am the oldest of four children. We are pretty spread out in age...I was an only child for a long time! Steven is 8 years younger, Laura is ten years younger, and Scott is 12 years younger. Growing up with babies, babies everywhere was so much fun!
3. I feel most beautiful when I am pregnant.
4. I've lived in several states. I was born in Ohio, moved to New York when I was 4, moved back to Ohio when I was 12, went to college in Michigan (during which time my family moved to Kansas for a short stint- I didn't so much "live" there, but I did long-term visit several times), then moved to North Carolina to take my first teaching position. I think I'm here to stay!
5. I met J on the Internet. Yep, it's true. I met my computer nerd of a husband on the Internet. eHarmony really can work!
6. I am an extremely picky eater. It's annoying. I don't eat anything from the sea, veggies are hit or miss, and so is meat, for that matter. Texture is a big deal to me. If it feels funny in my mouth, I am not interested. Luckily, I'm a great cook, and I can work around my finickiness.
7. I used to have a serious shopping problem. J reformed me. I still love to shop, but now I have a monthly allowance to stick to. To go hand-in-hand with my shopping problem, I love accessories. Shoes are my favorite. I have close to 100 pairs.
8. I'd love to be an event planner in my next life. I am the resident party planner (and hostess with the mostess, I like to think), and I had uber amounts of fun planning my wedding. I definitely think it's something I would enjoy doing for a living.
9. I love to sing. I've been singing since I could talk. I've sung at eight weddings, I've performed the National Anthem at countless sporting events (including two Durham Bulls games), and I even auditioned for American Idol. (Clearly, I didn't make it that year. And now, sadly, I am apparently too old to be anyone's Idol.)
10. I like reptiles. In my classroom teacher days, I had a menagerie that included two different snakes, two turtles, and several lizards.
11. I've traveled to seven different countries and 23 states (plus the District of Columbia). I want to travel to lots more.
12. Perhaps my biggest pet peeve is hearing incorrect grammar (or seeing incorrect spelling). Drives me batty!
13. I like kid's movies. I believe Walt Disney and Jim Henson to have been two of the most genius men to have ever lived.
14. Although I am not the video game aficionado that J is, I love me some Rock Band. And I rock at it. I will challenge anyone, and chances aren't bad that I will win. I play guitar on the "Expert" level and kick ass. There are even a few songs that I can beat, but J can't.
15. I find British accents to be extremely pleasing to the ear. My GPS speaks to me as a British woman, whom I have lovingly given the good British name of Matilda.