Thursday, July 22, 2010

From the Peanut Gallery- Five Weeks: The Sesame Seed

Yep, the peanut is the size of a sesame seed this week.  Still pretty tiny, huh?

I've decided to take a Q & A approach to these weekly updates, so if you have any Q's, lemme know, and I'll give you an A!


Q: What symptoms, if any, have arrived this week?
A: Slowly but surely, this baby is making her presence known (and yes, I already refer to the peanut has a her, so get over it).

I am having waves of nausea every now and again, but they seem to be picking up in frequency.  So far, no actual dash to the bathroom, but I am thinking about it more and more often.  I have found that eating something small every two hours really helps!

By the way, all of the nausea is MORE THAN WELCOME here.  I will gladly take it.  I worked really hard to make this baby!  I just want it to stick around.  The illness tells me my hormones are raging away, which is a good thing.

My other symptom of note is my incredibly heightened sense of smell- I call it my "Spidey Sense."  My Spidey Senses have told me that I no longer care for the smell of bacon, corn, or ranch dressing.  However, as of now, I can still eat these things...I just don't want to smell them.  I was also keenly aware that one of our waiters on vacation had been smoking the marijuana, because to me, he reeked of reefer (although no one else could smell it...cool, huh?)

Q: How's your energy level?
A: I'm slowing down a little.  I've always been a napper, but now I find them a little more necessary.  However, I have yet to feel that I'm-so-tired-it's-like-I've-been-hit-by-a-truck feeling.  Except one night on vacation when my eyelids were closing on their own accord at the restaurant...at 7:30.  Yeah, I'm a little tired.

Q: Now that you're pregnant, what do you miss the most?
A: Nothing, so far!  I found out on vacation that O'Douls actually tastes like real beer, and makes me feel like I'm still part of the grown-up crowd.  And the bleu cheese they put on my favorite burger at Ruby Tuesday is made with pasteurized milk, so I can still eat it!  HUZZAH!

Q: What's happening with baby this week?
A: Well, the peanut looks more like a tadpole than an actual human baby.  Tail and all.  BUT, its little rudimentary heart starts beating (in a completely uncoordinated manner) this week.  Baby is also busy growing the beginnings of all her other internal organs.  Exciting, no?

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...