Monday, July 26, 2010

From the Peanut Gallery- Six Weeks: The Lentil

Well, there's this thing called Pregnancy Brain.  I officially have it.  So sorry to have posted Week 7 info before Week 6 had been posted.  Forgive my mushy mind!

Q: How are you feeling?
A: Ask and ye shall receive.  All. nausea. all. the. time.  It hit me on the 4th of July- the REAL beginning of morning sickness.  The occasional waves that were hitting me the past few weeks were nothing compared to what I am now experiencing.

Don't get me wrong- I'm still happy about this.  ESPECIALLY since we haven't seen the doctor yet!  For now, this is the only reassurance I have that all is right with baby.


Q: What are you eating these days?  Any of those crazy pregnancy cravings?
A: The simple answer is that I'm eating very little.  Basically enough to give peanut some sustenance, but not much more.  Anything other than a small snack just doesn't sit well with me.  Apparently digestion just doesn't work as well during pregnancy.

Also, absolutely nothing sounds good to me.  Until something very specific suddenly does, and I must have it immediately.

Saltines and ginger ale are my diet staples.  I've actually lost two pounds!  I'm sure I'll make up for those later in the pregnancy, though...


Q: What's new with baby this week?
A: Her ears, nose, and mouth are forming!  And she has arm and leg buds!  So basically, she looks like a little alien, but an ever so slightly more human alien.  Also, brains, muscles, and bones are busily forming away.

Q: Tired yet?
A: And speaking of all this baby forming- remember when I said I hadn't had the so-tired-it's-like-I've-been-hit-by-a-truck feeling?  Yeah, well the truck hit me this week.  I am most certainly asleep by 9:00 (if not earlier), and if I'm not working, I'll get up around 7:00 to eat a few crackers for my nauseous stomach, then go back to sleep for another two or three hours.  Then I'll need an afternoon nap.  Yep, tired.

That's all for this week, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...