Saturday, July 31, 2010

From the Peanut Gallery- Week Eight: The Kidney Bean


Here I am, 8 weeks pregnant, and experiencing the typical first trimester.  Nausea, vomiting, exhaustion.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I am SO fortunate to work part-time!  I have been lucky enough to nap each afternoon, and be taken care of by a wonderful, loving husband each evening.

What is new this week?  Crying.  The pregnancy hormones are in full effect.  We went to T.G.I. Friday's for dinner this week.  I saw that Oreo Madness, my once favorite dessert that had since been removed from the Friday's menu, had miraculously returned!  And I cried.  Then later on, I cried again, still just overjoyed that the Oreo Madness was back.  Mind you, I didn't order it.  I felt too sick to eat it.  I was just happy that I now had the option for Oreo Madness to be back in my life.

And the MOST AMAZING part of week 8?  I FINALLY had my first OB appointment!!  HUZZAH!!

Those pesky hormone levels of mine came back to haunt us for a moment.  The doctor was fearful what with progesterone levels as low as mine, that the baby may not have grown like she would like to see.  She even went so far as to be skeptical as to whether or not the baby would have a heartbeat.  Needless to say, J and I were on pins and needles waiting for the ultrasound.  Turns out, our little peanut is a serious fighter.  Progesterone, schmogesterone.  Baby measured three days AHEAD of schedule, and had a strong, steady heartbeat of 169 beats per minute.  Take that, doctor!!

After seeing the ultrasound results, the doctor is no longer concerned in the slightest.  AND, we have baby's first picture!

Baby's fingers and toes grew out of those itty bity hands and feet this week, and her little brain was busy forming lots of neural pathways.  And good news!  That tail of hers is just about gone.

Yep, it's been a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...