Tuesday, January 22, 2019

It's SO Winter

You know how I know?  EVERYONE IS SICK.

It started with Margot.  Just a cold with all of its annoying symptoms.  The most annoying of all was certainly the lingering cough.

It moved onto Charlotte, although her was mild compared to big sister's.  Then Gabe got it, fierce.  Then me.  And finally J.

I kid you not.  We are going on week three now, and the coughing has not stopped.  We have our own little choir going on, with morning and evening coughs of varying pitches and timbres, sopranos, altos, and tenors and baritones all represented.  I'm here to tell you that after having three kids. those muscles that control the bladder are not as strong as they used to be.  Don't mind me, I'll just be over here just trying not to pee while I'm hacking my lungs up.

We've been in various degrees of disrepair for somewhere around a month now, but the light was visible at the end of the tunnel.  All of us had our turn, and had either gotten over it, or at least weren't totally miserable anymore (for me and Gabe, this was more than annoying- we just felt BAD for several days). 

Then Margot came home from school on Friday coughing again.  And she just couldn't stop.  And then the fever hit.

Here I am, thinking the flu had hit.  Yes, we got flu shots as we do every year.  But they are no guarantee.  Poor Margot had the flu last year, and I was pretty sure she had it again.  Her fever hit 104 and she was down for the count.

How does this happen to my poor kid?  Oh, right- it was only a few months ago that I had to ask her to stop licking the soles of her shoe.  BARF.

I am happy to report that several hours in urgent care and a chest x-ray later, she was negative for both flu and pneumonia.  It's just another ugly virus that will probably make its rounds through my house.  And luckily Margot is a BEAST and is already back up and running.

But still coughing.

If you need me, I'll just be coating the house with Lysol and praying for Spring.
See what I did there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...