Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Happy Birthday, Honey Badger

Miss Margot is 6!
(I know I'm a few days late with this, but I've had the cold from hell.  Forgive me.)

This year has been such a fun one with my dearest middle child.  She started kindergarten this year, and is suddenly even more independent than before- which I did not know was possible.  She took to school like a fish takes to water.  She got on that bus the first day of school- yes, the VERY FIRST day of school- and hasn't looked back since.  She loves it, which makes me so very happy.

Although she loves school and is very bright, it is not all smooth sailing.  Her work habits leave something to be desired.  That's the nice way of saying that girlfriend is a disorganized slob.  She constantly forgets to bring home her water bottle, her papers are a crumpled mess, her bedroom is a certified disaster area.  SHE SPILLS HER DRINK EVERY SINGLE DAY.  But she is a happy-go-lucky kinda gal, and neatness just isn't something she concerns herself with.


I feel confident saying that her best friend is her sister.  Charlotte and Margot play together so well.  I think they'd be lost without each other.  They play school, they play dress-up, they pretend that they're kitties or unicorns (or better yet, uni-kitties).  They have "sister sleepovers" on the weekends.  They are truly BFF's.  Nothing could possibly make me happier.

Margot has lost some of her sass and gained some sweetness this year.  Guys, I think she likes me more than she used to.  She tells me that she misses me when she's at school!  Sometimes she cuddles with me on the couch.  I get random hugs.  She asks to do things together, just the two of us.  It's hard to carve out one-on-one time with the kids, and especially the middle child.  But when she asks to do something together, I make it happen.

Margot is funny.  She's strong.  She's smart.  She's still a beast (and if looks could kill, she'd destroy you with a glance).  She's unique.  And she's still not out to please anyone but herself.  And that's my favorite thing about her.

I can't wait to see what this next year brings for my Margot Claire, whom I adore with every ounce of my being.    




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...