Wednesday, July 20, 2011

30 Day Challenge | Day 11: My Make-Up Bag

Note: These are not the contents of my make-up bag, but rather a random photo from the Interwebs
Well, to start with, I actually don't wear a ton of make-up.  However, I promise you, you wouldn't know this by checking out my make-up bag!  I have a wide array of goods that are seldom worn (and a few precious gems I frequent). 

Here goes!

  • Cover Girl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation in Buff Beige
  • MAC Mineralize blush in Redhead (This is perilously close to being gone, and sadly, the color is extinct.  This deeply saddens me, as it is clearly the perfect color for an almost ginger.)
  • Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural
  • Random, nameless concealer/highlighter duo
  • Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor in Wine (my wedding lipstick and go-to red)
  • Estee Lauder Go Wink Liquid Eyeshadow in Brown Eyed Baby
  • Mary Kay Liquid Eyeliner in Black
  • L'Oreal Brow Colourist Highlighting Pencil in Light Golden Brown (I pretty much never highlight my brows, but it has a great brow brush attached to the cap that I love)
  • Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara in Blackest Black
  • Mary Kay Eyeliner Pencil in Bronze (the BEST staple- goes with everything!)
  • L'Oreal Endless Kissable lipstick in Color 870
  • Four Ulta eye shadows:Bermuda Sand (I somehow have two of these, oops!), Aztec Gold, and Lustre (this one has been dropped several times and is now dust, but I still try to use it)
  • Two MAC eye shadows: Naked Lunch and Sable (my everyday duo)
  • Blush Brush
  • Eye Shadow Brush
  • Angled Eye Shadow/Liner Brush
I also have a drawer at home with a million more seldom used lipsticks and eye goods.  Geesh!

On a related note- I am in need of foundation recommendations.  I am thinking that I need a good, department store brand.  I want something that will look great on my face, and also help with that whole aging thing.  My current brand claims not to settle into fine lines, but I've got news: it's a liar pants.  

Also, any other gingers out there have the perfect blush, now that mine is defunct?

1 comment:

  1. I'll be honest - I haven't found any foundation (department store or otherwise) better than Revlon Colorstay! I love the fact that they have two formulas - one for combo/oily skin and one for normal/dry skin. I used to use the combo version, but now that I'm breastfeeding my skin is sooooo dry so I use the normal version. It stays on ALL day and does not sink into any of my lines. I use the 2nd lightest shade and it's a perfect match for my fair complexion!

    Also - for blush I use Bare Minerals Warmth (a little goes a LONG way) and I am sure it would work really well for redheads too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...