Monday, June 11, 2012

Bliss

This weekend, I left my boys at home and headed off to the lake for a girl's weekend.  Ahhhh......

Several of my favorites and I left the boyfriends, husbands and children behind (and of course we missed them terribly...nudge, nudge, wink, wink) and settled in at a friend's home on beautiful Lake Gaston.  We sunbathed, chatted, giggled, swam, ate, drank, slept.  It was utter peace and happiness.

I never knew what it really meant to relax in this kind of way before the nugget was born.  At the lake, I could turn off the mommy switch.  I definitely can't ever do that at home!

As I was busy soaking up every moment of this incredible weekend, I didn't snap even a single picture.  THAT's how relaxing it was.

But my favorite part?  Seeing the smiling faces of my boys upon my return home last night.  Okay, maybe I did miss them a little after all. 

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...