Friday, June 29, 2012

The End

'Tis a bittersweet day.  Today is officially my last day as a teacher.

I have so many fond memories of my nine years in the classroom.  Nine year's of children's smiling faces, relationships with their families, being a part of their lives.  Helping them to learn and grow.  Watching the magic that is a child learning to read.  It has been good.

It has also been stressful, time consuming, hair pulling, difficult.  But it wouldn't be teaching if we didn't throw in a little bit of that, am I right?  Teaching is not for the weak.  It is not for the faint of heart.  It takes a warrior to walk into that classroom every day, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. 

But for now, I am hanging up my battle gear.  I am entering into a new phase of wonderful, difficult, magical, hair pulling delight- the magic that is motherhood.

I am so looking forward to spending my days with the nugget, going on adventures of our own, watching my own little one learn and grow. 

It'll be just like teaching, only a million times better, because the student is my baby, and our classroom is the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...