Friday, June 10, 2011

I Hate You, Rebecca Black

The word 'Friday' used to have such pleasant connotations for me.  It meant the weekend was here...spending lots of time with J and G...sleeping in...checking things off the to-do list (maybe I'm weird, but that IS pleasant to me)...

But Rebecca Black has ruined all that for me.  Now, when I hear the word 'Friday', or even think about the work week coming to an end, my mind immediately floods with her horrid tune of the same name.

How is it that this video blew up and became so explosively popular?  Was it some sort of colossal joke?  Because I'm not sure if people know this or not, but let me be the first to tell you all...Rebecca Black can't sing!  RB is no wunderkind with the lyrics, either.  I mean, she actually lists the days of the week.  RB, this is not kindergarten!

So it's Friday, and we're partyin', partyin', YEAH!  Or maybe we're all just trying to get through the day without this despicable song rooting itself firmly in our brains. 

And for those of you who don't know about this contemptible video...for your viewing pleasure horror:






Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...