Friday, November 11, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness- Week 2

Saturday, November 5- Even though he got a special shout out yesterday, today he gets another.  I am thankful for my brother Scott.  He took over the "man duties" of the house this weekend, mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, and climbing the ladder to change air filters.  What a guy.

Sunday, November 6-I am thankful for a safe flight overseas, and the pilots who made it happen.  I'm not one to be a nervous flyer, but it felt a little different yesterday, putting a father on a transatlantic flight away from his wife and baby.  We are so grateful to find out this morning that he made it to Madrid without a hitch.

Monday, November 7- Today I am thankful for the ability to work part-time.  Coming home to my boy each afternoon is a blessing.  So are afternoon naps on days when I'm not sleeping so well.  ;)

Tuesday, November 8- I am thankful for my dear friends and neighbors, the V's.  Knowing that I'm all alone this week, they invited me and the nugget over for dinner and drinks tonight.  (Beer for me, formula for the nugget.)  I feel so lucky to have such amazing friends in the neighborhood!  And I can't wait for our baby boys (born seven weeks apart) to grow up together.

Wednesday, November 9- Today I am thankful for technology.  Even with hubby an entire ocean away, we've been able to keep in contact through free text messaging and Skype.  I'm grateful to hear his voice when I miss him so.  

Thursday, November 10-I am thankful for my Mimi.  My aunt arrived to visit with me and the nugget today.  She is just the kind of aunt that everyone wishes they had growing up- the cool aunt who always gave you gum and never told your parents that you stayed up way past your bedtime.  Now, as adults, I am thankful to call her friend.

Friday, November 11- Today I am thankful for all of the veterans who have proudly served our country.  Thank you for making the world a better and safer place for my children to grow up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...