Thursday, November 17, 2011

Things I Heart: The Southern Disposition

Have I mentioned lately how much I love living in the south?

Yesterday, at the grocery store, the nugget was LOUD.  He was riding in the cart, chewing on a teething toy, and yelling.  Happily yelling, but yelling nonetheless.  Loud and constant.

This bothered no one.  People were smiling at my boy and talking back to him as we passed them in the aisles.

Distracted by the yelling, I almost ran into one older man with my cart at one point.  I apologized, to which he responded "Don't you worry!  You two are having fun!"  And he meant it.

Then, in the parking lot, I had just finished loading my bags into the car, and was hauling my 25-pounder out of the cart.  Another older gentleman was walking past, and noticed that I had my hands full of baby.  He asked if I was through with my cart, and when I said that I was, he returned it to the corral for me.

I love it when people are kind to one another.  It just makes my day.  I heart southern manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...