Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Clock Woes

I used to be a big fan of the end of Daylight Savings Time.  The whole "fall back" and get an extra hour of sleep phenomenon was amazing.  An extra hour of sleep?  Who doesn't want that?

Then I got dogs.  Then I had a baby.  The extra hour of sleep no longer exists.

Believe it or not, the dogs are much worse than the baby.  Since we set the clocks back on Saturday bedtime, Delilah cannot get it together.  For some reason, she has been waking up, shaking her collar, and pacing the room starting around 4:30am.  I'm not sure how this worked out, because we never got up at 5:30 before the time change.  6:30 was the earliest we'd rise. 

I have been waking insanely early, too (no thanks to the hound).  And today, even Gabe joined in on the fun and woke at 5:50.  Ugh.

I cannot wait until we are all well adjusted to the new time.  I DO, however, enjoy the sunlight in the mornings.  I have a hard enough time getting out of bed each day- add darkness to this equation, and it's nearly impossible for me to get going.

And as if the clock and I weren't already fighting- apparently the battery in my classroom clock is in need of replacement.  I kept checking the clock during a lesson, surprised that I had so much time left.  It certainly seemed like time was dragging!  I then realized that it had been 9:38 for a good ten minutes, and that my time with that group had long since run out.

Stupid clocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...