Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Verdict Is In

I hate my hair.

I certainly can't blame the stylist, because she gave me exactly what I asked for (except for maybe the bangs- they are a little thin).

Turns out, I just don't like what I asked for.  These bangs are making me crazy, and the layers, while nice immediately after drying, just don't hold up well overnight.

This is a problem.  I am a nighttime showerer.  I just can't get going early enough in the mornings to leave time for showering and hairstyling.  SO, I shower and dry my hair before bed.  With my old hairstyle, this worked.  I could put my hair up in a ponytail while I slept, then just brush it out and go most mornings.

This new hairstyle requires work.  Me no likey.

The bangs just do funky stuff overnight, while my arm is flung over my face.  And the layers don't do well in the ponytail, and come out looking all funky in the a.m.  (I can hear you suggesting that I forgo the ponytail, but I get too hot with all that hair on my neck while I sleep.  I'm a hot sleeper.)

So, just to make sure we're all on the same page:
1. Long, naturally wavy hair (with a few long layers) takes FOREVER to dry.  Desperate to try keratin straightening treatment.
2. Purchase deal and get longed-for keratin treatment.  Hair is definitely straighter!  Maybe a little too straight.  I've cut back on styling time, but not quite as much as I'd hoped for.
3. New haircut adds significant styling time.  Bangs and lots of layers are kinda fussy.
4. The growing out begins as the keratin treatment fades.  In a few months, I will be back to long, naturally wavy hair (with a few long layers).

Ah, the circle of life.

The next stop on my hairstyle train: long, sideswept layer in front as bangs grow out, longer layers a la Jennifer Aniston.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...