Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Emmy Fashion Recap

Awards show season officially kicked off Sunday night with the Emmy Awards.  Oh, how I love award shows and the accompanying fashion.

Let's get right to the good stuff:

Best Dressed Ladies:
Elisabeth Moss in Marchesa.  I LOVE the nude color and sparkly sleeve detail.

Julia Stiles in Georges Hobeika.  The lavender lace is so pretty, and the scalloped detail at the neckline is gorgeous.

Julie Bowen in Oscar de la Renta.  This one is getting mixed reviews, but I am a lover.  I think the beautiful beading paired with the simple hair was perfection.  I find the neckline to be sexy without being too over the top.

Kate Winslet in Elie Saab.  The red, the sleeves, the neckline...it just all works.  Simple and so chic.
Martha Plimpton in Zac Posen.  Remember her, the geeky girl with the glasses in "Goonies"?  Well, she's come a long way since then.  This wine-colored sequined gown is stunning.  Love me some cap sleeves.
Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang.  Here's a lady that knows how to work her curves.  I love how the silhouette of this gown accentuates her amazing hourglass figure.  

Worst Dressed Ladies:
Amy Poehler in Peter Som.  I believe this is supposed to be sequins, and the silhouette is beautiful, but it really comes off looking like blue pleather.  This one is also getting mixed reviews.  I, however, am not a fan.  Ick.

Juliana Margulies in Armani Prive.  Maybe I'm just not high fashion enough to get this dress, but the large crystals on the stiff bodice just don't do it for me.  They look like over-sized aquarium jewels.

Melissa McCarthy in her own design.  I love this girl.  She is funny and lovely and wonderful.  But this dress is doing her no favors.  It looks a little like a sack.  Shapeless and frumpy.
Kyle Richards in Ines Di Santo.  Apparently she styled her hair simply to avoid looking "overly fussy."  Um...hello?  This gown is swallowing her up!  This look is the epitome of overly fussy.  Why is she even there, anyway?  Last time I checked, there was no Emmy category for "Reality TV's Biggest Bitch."
Best Dressed Couple: 
Jon Hamm and wife Jennifer.  He looks classically handsome in a Tom Ford tux, and she looks lovely in vintage Helena Barbieri.  A delight for the eyes.
Worst Dressed Couple:
Heidi Klum and Seal.  I give her props for wearing a past Project Runway winner's design, but Christian Siriano, I am sad to say that I DO NOT find this fierce.  It looks like an over-groomed poodle is clutching to her hemline.  And Seal?  For the love of fashion, BUTTON UP!  Quasi-nude is no way to show up to the Emmy's.

Worst Dressed Hostess:
Jane Lynch in four slightly different Davis Meister downs.  All bad.  Sparkly, haltery, badness.  Sorry, Jane, but I gotta call 'em like I see 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...