Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Wuss

Yes, friends, it is that time of year once again.  And I've gotta say...I've never been happier to be without cable.

The airwaves are inundated with scary stuff every October.  When I was young and spry, I used to love this.  I thought it was fun to be scared.  The Exorcist was a Halloween-time staple.  I'd watch AMC's thirty days of scary movies.  For the month of October, I was a horror genre buff. 

Then I got a little older, and suddenly became more of a wuss.  The horror movies gave me nightmares.  I don't like nightmares.  Scary movies became reserved to the evening of Halloween only.  I could handle one a year, right?

Then, if you remember last year, Paranormal Activity happened.  And it almost ruined my life.

(I'm not being dramatic at all...)

I swear to you, I didn't sleep for weeks.  Maybe it was made worse by the crazy pregnancy hormones, but I have never felt such real middle-of-the-night fear.  Every. single. time. I'd get up to use the bathroom or switch positions (both of which were frequent occurrences with my rotund pregnant shape), I'd have a terrible, horrific image in my head that I couldn't get rid of, and I sometimes literally trembled as I tiptoed to the bathroom.  Maybe by the time Christmas rolled around, I could make it through an occasional night without these nightmares.

I'm being serious, yo.

So this year, we are cable free, and I am blissfully unaware of all the scariness on the boob tube.  THANK THE LORD I haven't had to see even one commercial for Paranormal Activity 3.

And yesterday, J and I did have a Halloween movie day...I chose Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters.  Because that is now how I roll.  I've managed to get into the ghosty spirit without scarring myself for life.  Yay for ridiculous ghost movies that make me laugh and not cry!

On a related note...the nugget will be dressing as a dinosaur tonight.  Pictures to follow.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 
Happy, non-threatening Disney Halloween image.  My favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...