Monday, October 3, 2011

Product Review: This One's For The Moms

My apologies in advance to those of you who have absolutely no use for this information, but I feel the need to share.

My diaper pail is amazing.

Believe it or not, I spent quite a bit of time trying to decide which diaper pail to put on my baby registry.  I already knew that I am not a fan of the famed Diaper Genie.  I find it a tad difficult to use, and a tad wasteful, what with all of the twisted up packaging between each dirty diaper.  (I once heard a friend compare this to a string of pearls- WORST PEARLS EVER!)

I had also seen the Baby Trend Diaper Champ, and found it awkward.  You've gotta have serious muscle to pull the lever far enough back to dump the diaper down into the pail!

More importantly, neither of these pails, in my humble opinion, do an excellent job of hiding the smell, and that is truly their main purpose, no?

SO, after doing my research, I decided on the Munchkin Arm and Hammer Diaper Pail.

LOVE IT.

It simply occurred to me last night, as I was rocking the nugget to sleep, that there was absolutely no odor in his room.  And believe me, there are plenty of dirty diapers down in that pail!

The genius in the design of this diaper pail is that it releases a little bit of baking soda each time you close its lid.  What could be better than that?!  It's true that you do have to buy special refill bags for this pail, which is something that I was initially looking to avoid, but they last forever.  I believe that Amazon has only delivered these refills to us twice in seven months, and they are not expensive. 

The bags are insanely easy to switch out (as opposed to the Diaper Genie refills, which I have never managed to figure out), and each one holds somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 diapers.  When it's full, snap the bag closed and the whole thing goes outside to the garbage can.  Easy peasy.

So there you have it, mommy (or future mommy) readers.  The diaper pail to end all diaper pails.  Get it here

Seriously, get it.

1 comment:

  1. I have a diaper genie. I like the height and the bags don't bother me. The downfall is the smell factor. That thing could kill a small country. I change the bag frequently and spray air freshner in it. I may need to take your advice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...