Monday, August 1, 2011

30 Day Challenge | Day 23: Songs I Like

THE CHALLENGE has asked me to let you all in on songs that I listen to when I am happy, sad, hyped, bored, or mad.  I had to really think this one out.  I love music.  I really do!  I've got a bazillion songs on my Pod, so it was hard to narrow these down.  But I've done my best!  Here's what you get:

Happy Songs: Songs that make me happy!
"For Once In My Life" by Stevie Wonder- the song that was playing as J and I walked into our wedding reception as man and wife
"Yeah" by Usher- reminds me of the good ole' days when I was a youngster out on the town with my gal pals
"Hey Ya" by Outkast- because who doesn't like to shake it like a polaroid picture?

Sad Songs: Songs that are beautiful but sad.  And that is all.  Sigh.
"Angel" by Sarah McLachlan
"100 Years" by Five for Fighting
"The Mountains Win Again" by Blues Traveler

Hyped Songs: Songs that hype me up (aka faves from my "Workout" playlist)
"Pump It" by Black Eyed Peas- Louder!
"Gimmie More" by Britney Spears- it's Britney, bitch.
"Stronger" by Kanye West- whatever doesn't kill you and all that.

Bored Songs: Songs that I like to sing- something I sometimes do when I'm bored?
"Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum- love the harmony and high/low range.
"Gravity" by Sara Bareilles- beautiful melody, beautiful words.
"Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood- I can really belt this one out.

Mad Songs: Songs with an angry message (that I like to receive).
"F**k You" by Cee Lo Green- I think this is self-explanatory.  And awesome.
"Forgot About Dre"- Dr. Dre & Eminem- because can you think of two angrier people?
"Not Ready to Make Nice" by Dixie Chicks- because sometimes I'm just not.

BONUS categories!

Songs that make me want to shake my booty:
"Poison" by Bel Biv Devoe- a true classic.
"Money Maker" by Ludacris- shake what yo mama gave ya.
"SexyBack" by Justin Timberlake- what this song was designed for.

Songs that I sing into a mixing spoon while I'm cooking and dancing simultaneously:
"Lady" by Lenny Kravitz- because I like to pretend that I'm Sarah Jessica Parker in that old Gap commercial.
"I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" by Pitbull- because it's fun to count in Spanish (uno, dos, tres, cuatro).
"American Girl" by Tom Petty- because it's my favorite song!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...