Monday, August 8, 2011

30 Day Challenge | Day 30: The End

Well folks, I did it!  (Late today, I know...but this post specifically asks for a picture taken today, and I had to wait for J to get home and take one.)  THE CHALLENGE has come to an end.  It was fun while it lasted, but I'm not too sad to see it go.  There were a few days there when I had to work really hard to get a post done!  I tried to avoid this by writing several at a time when I had the chance, and scheduling them to post on the appropriate day.  Way to plan ahead, B!

In any case, here I am today with the nugget:
And three good things that have happened during these last 30 days?  Here ya go!

1. Family Reunion
Playing with Mimi's dogs.

Grammy loves me!

So does Mimi!

Grammy and Grampy loved spending time with G.
Gabe wanted in on the beer action, too.
Baby G and I got on an airplane (yes, an airplane!) and flew to Ohio for a reunion.  It was great to show Gabe off to some extended family.  Also, my baby is a rock star.  Overall, AH-mazing on the plane.  Wouldn't hesitate to travel solo with him again (although we definitely missed J!).

Also noteworthy?  I am a chronic over-packer.  I feel like I need my entire wardrobe and forty-eleven pairs of shoes, just in case.  (In case of what, you may ask?  In case of a fashion emergency, I suppose.  You never know when an occasion might present itself that calls for a evening gown and stilettos.)   Well for this trip, not only was I solo with an infant, but I carried my luggage on.  That's right.  I got all of my clothes- and the nugget's- into one tiny rolling suitcase.  Everything else went into the diaper bag.  Baby in stroller- and we're off.  My sister was shocked and amazed at this- to which I replied "That's right.  I'm f*@#ing supermom."

2. Visit to The Lake
Gabe loves the water!

Feel the breeze...

Sunbathing.
Our good friends have a house on Lake Gaston.  (Well, actually, their parents do, but you get the gist.)  I have spent time with them there every summer since I moved to NC.  I love it.  I love being on the water, I love the serenity of the whole place, and I love spending time with some of my favorite people.  This was our first time there this summer, and Gabe's first time there ever!  He loved the breeze by the lake, and was really a trooper the entire weekend.  Good times had by all.

3. A New School Year
That's right, with this crazy year-round schedule that I work, the new school year is underway.  I love the start of a new school year.  It is so full of potential.  The promise of being the best teacher I've ever been, trying new things in the classroom, meeting a new batch of students.  My position since I left the classroom is a little different, in that I don't work with the same 25 kids all day, everyday.  As a matter of fact, I don't yet know who all of my students will be!  But I've gotten to work individually with many sweet new faces, and in the next couple of weeks, will begin my small group classes with kindergarten and first grade.  I like to think that I make a difference for these beginning readers.  And there are not many things better in this world than helping a child become a reader.  

Well readers, there ya have it.  THE CHALLENGE comes to a close.  But keep checking back!  I've got plenty more to say...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...