Thursday, August 4, 2011

30 Day Challenge | Day 26: Places I've Been

My favorite place to be involves very few things: sand, water, and people I love.  I have been very fortunate in the past few years to visit some pretty incredible places that just so happen to fall into this category.

Negril, Jamaica


 Unlike the more partyriffic Montego Bay, Negril is quiet and serene.  Technically, there was no sand where we stayed.  Our resort was cliffside.  You could literally leap off of a cliff into the clear ocean water below.  I, of course, was too chicken to do this.  But J enjoyed!  The Catcha Falling Star resort was incredible.  We had a two bedroom bungalow, complete with outdoor shower and patio hammock.  Ahh, the beauty of this place.  It really was a hardship to be a bridesmaid in a wedding here.

Maui, Hawaii

The honeymoon destination of the masses!  Such a gorgeous island.  We rented a convertible and drove around with the top down.  We laid poolside, we sampled delicious food at local restaurants, we watched the ocean waves from a hammock on the hotel grounds.  Heavenly.

Surfside Beach, SC

My boy's first time in the ocean.
 Yes, not nearly as glamorous as the previous two destinations, but a wonderful time nonetheless.  This is the spot where my family vacations.  My parents rent a house right on the beach and we enjoy the sand and sun for a week.  It's so fun to be together for some summer relaxation each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...