Friday, August 31, 2012

Bump Watch: Week 20

HALFWAY THERE, BABY!
Although I thought I'd never make my way out of the extreme sickness of the first trimester, (maybe that's because it lasted well into the second?), time seems to be moving by at a pretty quick clip.  It's hard to believe that we've reached the halfway mark.

Of course, the most exciting part of the 20 week milestone is the ultrasound that comes at this time.  And, in case you haven't already heard the news...
We are having a GIRL!  We are truly thrilled about this.  In the beginning, I really, really didn't care if this baby was a boy or a girl.  Of course, I definitely wanted a girl someday, but I also thought it would be great for the nugget to have a brother so close in age.  But this all changed when we had our first trimester ultrasound.  The perinatologist told us at that appointment that we were "probably having a girl this time."  After hearing that, both mine and J's minds were set on a little girl.  Needless to say, we were beyond excited when we got confirmation this week.

The shopping has begun!  I ran out this week and bought some baby girl clothes, and also some of the bedding for the nursery.  When I heard that this was most definitely a little lady, my brain couldn't rest.  I needed to firm up ideas about her room and get a start on her wardrobe.  After making a final decision about her room decor and buying several large bags full of clothing, I slept GREAT last night.

In other exciting news this week, J has finally been able to feel a couple of kicks.  Little lady's movements are getting really strong, and a few I've even been able to see from the outside.  Soon, J won't have to work so hard or be so patient in order to feel kicks and punches.  
A picture of the little lady at 20 weeks.  See her kicking her little legs up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...