Friday, August 10, 2012

Bump Watch: Week 17

17 weeks: The week of the disturbed dreams.  There are a lot of weird things that happen to a woman's body during pregnancy.  Some are obvious, and some are creepy little things that hide beneath the surface (metaphorically speaking- although at this stage, the baby is also kinda a creepy little thing).  The bizarre dreams are one of these symptoms.  These dreams can range from funny to sexy to weird.  Unfortunately for me lately, they've been terrorizing.  Scary is not really a strong enough word to use.  One night earlier this week, I had to wake J up in the middle of the night, as I was sobbing over the terrible visions I had seen in my sleep.  Never in my life have I had that type of reaction to a dream, but friends, it was B.A.D.  Needless to say, I've had some tired days of late.  Whatever hormone surge is causing these night terrors, be gone!

In other news: I commented to J last night about how much more pregnant my body feels at this stage than it did with Gabe.  My lower back is already sore (possibly from lifting my 30-pounder on top of being pregnant?), I can already feel my hips spreading, and- TMI ALERT- I am already producing colostrum and experiencing the tiniest bit of leakage.  Crazy, huh??

Yep, there's definitely a baby in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...