Wednesday, August 11, 2010

From the Peanut Gallery- Week 11: The Fig

This has been a big week!  I *think* I witnessed the beginning of the end of the first trimester yuckiness.  There were four days in a row where I felt good!  It was really an amazing feeling.  I was in a good mood, I was enjoying food, life was good.

Then I got overly ambitious.

I decided to cook dinner.  Yes, cook.  For the first time in a good six weeks.

Turns out all of the smells in the kitchen are still no good for me.  They sent me right back down into the morning sickness abyss (and down two more pounds)!  And I'm not back out of it yet.  BUT, those few days of feeling good let me know that it can't be too much longer until the joys of the second trimester.  Those joys that I used to take for granted, like having energy, enjoying food, and being a good wife.

Baby has kept right on developing throughout all of this.  The biggest news this week is that the peanut is moving and grooving.  Unfortunately, I can't feel her yet, but that doesn't mean that she's not dancing all around!  Hopefully I'll be able to feel the movement in the next 4-6 weeks.  Until then, I'll look forward to next week's first trimester screening, which includes an ultrasound, so that I can at least SEE baby's movement!

Look for some good baby pics in next week's update!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...