Wednesday, August 4, 2010

From the Peanut Gallery- Week 10: The Kumquat

I'm not even sure what a kumquat is.  I'm dying to know if any of my readers has actually eaten, or even seen, a kumquat.  Please, PLEASE enlighten me if you have!
Q: Now that you're a quarter of the way through your pregnancy, how are you feeling?
A: Excited.  Just excited.  So excited that I cannot stand it.  I'm finally at a place where I believe, FOR REAL, that I'm pregnant, and that our family will be expanding.  This is most likely due to the fact that baby reminds me of her presence several times a day, every day, as I lose my lunch (or breakfast, or dinner, or snack...you get the idea).

Q: Have you noticed any changes in your body yet?  Are you starting to show?
A: No, but I cannot wait for that baby bump!  Although apparently my uterus is now the size of a grapefruit, I am not expecting to see it for another couple of months, as this is my first baby, and it oftentimes takes a while to "pop" with baby number one.  I have lost four pounds now (thank you, morning sickness), so no weight gain yet, either.  And, I am thinking this is definitely a good thing!  Because lemme tell you...when I can finally eat again, I'm gonna EAT.  I miss food.  I really do.  And I'm sure I'll make up for those pounds I lost when I am finally feeling better.

Q: Will you find out the sex of the baby?  When? 
A: Yes, please!  I am dying to know what we're having.  Of course, you all know I think it's a girl.  J has no feelings either way (but he hates it how I exclusively say 'she' or 'her').  We won't be able to find out for sure until our October appointment.  OCTOBER!  That's still pretty far away, so I'm trying not to focus on it too much.

Q: What is new with baby this week?  Is it even a boy or girl yet, or still just an 'it'?   
A: Baby is now a fetus!  She has kissed her embryo days goodbye.  This means that all of her major tissues and organs are formed, and now begin growing at a rapid pace.  Pretty amazing that I grew a whole person in just ten weeks, huh?  Peanut grew finger and toenails this week (this makes me think of the movie Juno- anyone with me?), and is working on some peach fuzz.  Baby is still officially an 'it' for a few more weeks, but other than that, just a teeny-tiny human, growing away.

Until next week, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...