Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring has Sprung


I just wanted to take a moment to congratulate myself on a personal achievement.  I grew these flowers.  Now you might be asking yourself, "What's the big deal about that?  So she grew some flowers.  Whatev.  Anybody could do that."

But THIS is where you'd be wrong.  You see, I do not have a green thumb.  I have the opposite of a green thumb.  (I cannot exactly determine, by the way, what the opposite of a green thumb actually is.  I know that red is opposite green on the color wheel, but I don't think that having a red thumb is a real thing.  So for now, we'll just say that I have the opposite of a green thumb.)

You see, I can't keep any plant alive.  Not even an African Violet, and I hear that they would most likely survive nuclear war along with the cockroaches.  So for me to actually GROW something is a MIRACLE!  AND...they come back every year!!

So here's to the arrival of spring, and to the return of my beautiful, fragrant hyacinths.

1 comment:

  1. After that post, I don't expect to hear anything about my inability to cook anymore. Not being able to grow flowers that anyone should be able to grow sounds similar to me not being able to cook something that is "so simple that even [I] can do it".

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...