Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Golden Globes Fashion Recap

So the truth of that matter is, I didn't really watch the Globes this year.  Partly because we don't have real TV upon which to watch such network frivolities, and as such had to rely on dodgy Internet streaming.  Also, partly because I had some form of crud which left me feeling like death, and therefore I chose sleep over said Internet viewing.

BUT, because I am a slave both to fashion and awards show season, I have done my homework.  I have scoured the Internet and reviewed my Live from the Red Carpet app (yes, of course there's an app for that, and of course I have it) in order to come up with my best and worst dressed list.

So for those of you who expected this yesterday, and have most certainly have been anxiously awaiting this list, here ya go.  And for those of you saying "I don't give a flying fig about awards shows, red carpets, or any of the surrounding hoopla!" well- what can I say?  Tune in tomorrow for a new topic.  And also, why do you read my blog again?  ;)

BEST DRESSED:
Charlize Theron in Dior.  I love the color, I love the cut,.  Her hair  is an amazing accompaniment to the look.  Bravo.

Emma Stone in Lanvin.  I adore this flowing, Grecian look.  Its rich burgundy tone compliments Emma's fair skin and red hair so well.  A+.
Amber Riley in Badgley Mischka.  This girl has never looked better.  Plus sized women everywhere  are most certainly applauding Amber today.  The sweetheart neckline and strategically placed ruffles and ruching bring out the best of her figure.
 WORST DRESSED:
Madonna in Reem Acra.  Oh, Madge.  What were you thinking?  The top half of the dress is stunning, but  I'm afraid you lost me once I got a peek at the explosion of green satin squares below the waist.  Fail.
Lea Michele in Marchesa.  I'm not gonna lie- this one hurt me a little.  If you recall, Lea almost always makes my best dressed list.  I adore her and her sense of style.   But this time, she got it wrong.  This severe, silver mess looks like it belongs on an evil sorceress or something.  Ick. 

Sarah Michelle Gellar in Monique Lhullier.  First of all, I CANNOT BELIEVE that Monique Lhullier designed this gown.  She normally creates such delicate, beautiful pieces.  But this is just a tie-dyed monstrosity.  SMG said that she let her 2-year-old daughter choose her red carpet look.  I'm all for being a supermom, but BIG mistake, Sarah.  HUGE.  
And there you have it.  My faves and my not-so-faves of the Golden Globes 2012.  Stay tuned for the upcoming SAG awards wrap-up at the end of the month!  AHHH!  I love awards show season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...