Monday, January 30, 2012

Aging Sucks

Today, I celebrate my 29th birthday...again.
I'm not exactly sure when it happened- the year that I began to hate having birthdays.  I think it was maybe at 28, when I knew 29 was next, and then 30...

Or maybe it was 30, when I was already bummed about saying goodbye to my twenties, and then we had a terrible snowstorm that cancelled all of my birthday plans and left me in bed with a bottle of wine?

I'm not sure about when it happened, but it happened.  And I just can't help it.

I confuse even myself on this one.  I have an amazing husband and a beautiful baby.  Life is really, really good.  And although they were so much fun, I wouldn't want to go back to my twenties.  That is a chapter in my life that has passed.  The ship has sailed.

And yet I can't help but feel sad about turning another year older.

Age is just a number, it's how you feel that really counts, so they say.  Well, I feel like I'd like to remain at 29 forever.  And so I will.  I will carry on with my life and move through the changes that life brings, all the while putting the 2 & 9 candles on the cake, year after year.

What can I say?  My mother taught me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...