Friday, January 13, 2012

Back in the Saddle

J and I have recently dusted off the elliptical and started exercising again.  (And just so you know, this happened in December, before the new year, so it is not the result of a New Year's resolution.  I'm not doing that this year, remember?)

We are both slightly competitive people.  (Okay, if I'm being honest, I am very competitive.  I want to be right all. of. the. time. and be the best at everything.)  When it comes to exercising, this trait really works to our advantage.  We want to outdo each other.

So recently, as we've both been complaining about how our pants fit (even though I completely blame pregnancy and childbirth for my current issues), we knew what we had to do.  And we knew that it would only take one of us to make the first move. 

J got up early one day and logged 20 minutes before work.  I knew that I had to do the same later that afternoon to stay in the game.  And so I did.  The next day, we both did it again, only I upped my time to 22 minutes.  The next morning, J did the same.  And so it begins.  I think we're both up to 25 minutes, and working at a faster pace than we started with.

As I've been ellipticalling away, I have noticed that my "Workout" playlist is a little crusty, moldy, OLD.  I am in need of some new inspiration.  The music is absolutely what keeps me going during a workout, and I need to refine my list.

Suggestions, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Pandora has great workout stations! Check them out for good inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...