Monday, September 13, 2010

From the Peanut Gallery- Week 16: The Avocado

I just returned from my monthly OB visit, and heard the avocado's heartbeat again.  I'm quite certain that there is no sound more beautiful in this wide world.



Q: How are you feeling these days?  How did you do on vacation?
A: I actually felt great on vaca!  I only needed a nap once.  I had energy, and wanted to be out and about, seeing the sights and doing all of the vacationy stuff.  I walked the San Diego zoo, did some swimming, wandered downtown, ate at some spectacular restaurants...all without ever throwing up!  I am starting to experience some minor aches and pains - sore back and feet, and lots of pulling and stretching in my abdomen - but I can totally deal. 


Q: How was vacationing with a baby on board?
A: Good times were had by all!  J, aka Pregnancy Police, even let up on his strict rule-following regimen.  I enjoyed a few soft cheeses (they were probably pasteurized, but I didn't ask, lest my vacation dream meals be ruined), and even had one glass of champagne on our anniversary.  And lemme tell you...it tasted oh. so. good.  I drank it over the span of two hours, taking teeny tiny sips to make it last as long as I could.  Back to the real world now, and I can look forward to my next champagne in February.  




Q:  Have you felt the baby move yet?
A: NO.  (Insert sad face here.)  At least I don't think so.  I have been much more observant of every tummy rumble, and there were two or three times when I thought it just might have been the baby.  But when I held incredibly still and waited for the movement to continue, it didn't.  So for now, still waiting.

Q: Speaking of tummy rumbles, how's the appetite?  And are you starting to gain weight yet?
A: Still not able to eat much.  I just get full so quickly!  And no, not so much with the weight gain.  Still at -8 pounds at today's appointment.  Not gonna lie.  I'm pretty excited about the lack of weight gain.  If the doctors aren't concerned, I'm not concerned.  Who knew getting pregnant would be the best weight loss plan ever?! 


Q: What's the baby up to this week?
A: Growing body hair.  Not body hair like his daddy (dear God, I hope not at this point!), but soft, fine hair called lanugo.  Another one of those protective things that fetuses have going on.  He's also busy gearing up for a growth spurt.  In the next few weeks, he'll double in size!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...