Monday, May 21, 2012

obsessions, vol. 2

Another link up with Saige Wisdom!

Onto a few of my favorite things of late.

~The countdown.  The last day of school is so close, I can almost taste it.  I may or may not have started my countdown to this day somewhere around approximately 110 days.  (I'm excited to join the club of stay-at-home-mommies.  What do you want from me?)  But now, I've made it to the twenties.  Twenty-seven, to be exact.  That's not a lot of days.  Hooray for summer!

~Grey's Anatomy.  I oftentimes get behind on shows, and then suddenly remember them like a friend I'd forgotten to pick up at the airport.  OMG!  I haven't watched Grey's in WEEKS!  HUSTLE!  HURRY!  WATCH ALL OF THE EPISODES!  And that's what I did this week.  And holy cow.  Lots o' tears.  And sadness.  And anger.  And anticipation!  (I won't find out what happens until SEPTEMBER?  Damn season finales.)  Just, holy cow.  If you are a fan and you've gotten behind on you DVR, I suggest you catch up.  Immediately, if not sooner.        

~Corn on the cob.  Okay, I just decided this was an obsession last night.  I made my first corn of the season, and I swear to you, it was the most delicious thing I've put in my mouth in weeks.  Sweet, buttery, salty, goodness.  And I believe I've finally decided upon the best way to prepare it.  Throw it in the oven, still in the husk, at 350 for a half hour.  Weird, right?  I believe I saw that idea somewhere on Pinterest.  Folks, it works.  The husk and silk peeled right off after cooking, and the corn was perfect.  How easy is that?  Try it. I will be trying it again at lunchtime today, when I will be eating more corn.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

~My husband.  Okay, okay, I'm always obsessed with him.  But this week, I'm especially proud of my man.  He's loved working as a contractor at his current company, but yearned (yes, yearned- for reals) to be brought on as a full time employee.  Well, on Friday he received the job offer to end all job offers, and will now be a "real boy," as he says.  He moves out of his contractor's cubicle and into his real boy's office next week.  My heart, it beats only for my Staff Engineer.  Proud wife here.

What are you obsessed with lately?

3 comments:

  1. I love corn on the cob so much! I just got braces, so it'll be at least two years before I can have it again. You can't fathom my envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it's like you're in my head. Trev & I are crazy Grey's Anatomy fans as in we've never missed an episode and we made a "rule" that we have to watch it together. The finale was TOO MUCH. We do corn on the cob the same way {husk on} but we do it on the barbeque... so good. And BIG congrats to your hubby - that's SUCH great news. Thanks for reaffirming that we're far too much alike ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO excited for you and your 27...26 days and for J's new position!!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...