Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pinspired: Pinned It, Did It! Vol. 2

I know you have all been anxiously awaiting (with baited breath, of course) the next installment in my Pinspired series.  I am happy to report that you may now breathe easy, because here it is.



Double Crunch Honey Garlic Pork Chops.  These were okay, but I think if I made them again, they could be great.  I think I used too much oil in the pan, so they got a little soggy.  Also, I think I put them in too early, before the oil was hot enough.  Easy fixes for next time.  The sauce, however, was delicious...at least it was the first time I made it.  I've made it to go with stir fry twice since the initial attempt, and it wasn't quite the same either time.  I will get it right again, I swear.  It was really SO GOOD.




Cheesy Biscuits.  J loved these.  I thought they were alright.  The flavor was good, but the texture was more muffin than biscuit.  I like my biscuits to be biscuity, ya know?  Not sure I'll make these again. 


Tip for cleaning berries. The idea is to soak berries in one part vinegar to ten parts water, followed by a rinse with fresh water. I tried this with strawberries...the claim was that they could go two weeks without getting soft and moldy, because the vinegar would kill mold spores and bacteria. FAIL. I got less than a week out of the berries. If it's possible, I think they started to go bad a little sooner than if I had just rinsed them in tap water, per my norm.



No-heat wave enhancer. I followed the advice of one of the comments, and twisted these twists up into two buns. I took it a step further and slept this way. (We have established that I am not a morning person- I shower before bed.) Success! This is my go-to hair of the moment. I can even make it last two days by combing, then spritzing hair with a water bottle to dampen, and re-bunning before bed. Day two waves are just as great. This has always been my problem with letting my natural waves go- two day hair just wasn't feasbile, and I'm a two day hair kinda girl. Love this trick. So does my hubby, who prefers my hair curly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...