Monday, May 23, 2011

Things I Heart: Snack Food

While I was pregnant, I just wasn't all that hungry.  If I ever felt starved, it was rare.  And even then, a smaller-than-normal amount of food would fill me up.  I was hoping that this would continue after the babe was born, so that I could continue the weight loss trend that began during pregnancy (And yes, I am aware of how ridiculous that sounds.  But what can I say?  I'm a freak of nature.)

Turns out?  Not so much.  Making the milks makes this mama hungry. 

So, in addition to my three square meals, I've needed a morning and afternoon snack.  Here are a few of my faves.

Fruit Snacks
Yes, it's like I'm a kid again.  I rediscovered these while in the hospital.  When you give birth at 11:47 pm, after not eating since breakfast at 7 am, you're hungry!  And the vending machine is pretty much your only option at that hour.  So fruit snacks and peanut butter crackers it was.  I will admit- I buy the generic brand rather than the more expensive Welch's.  But they are equally as yummy.  And in my opinion, a little less gummy than the Welch's, which makes them even more delicious in my book.

Apple Cinnamon Nutri-Grain Bars
I've always been a fan of the strawberry flavor, but alas, they sell out quickly when on sale at the Teeter.  So at last sale, I was left with the choice of cherry (cherry flavored anything = blech) or apple cinnamon.  Apple cinnamon it was.  Turns out, YUMMO.  This has now replaced strawberry as my fave flavor.

Mister Salty Chocolate Covered Pretzels
My mom bought these when she last came for a visit, and left a box in my pantry.  Once I tried them, I was officially hooked.  They come in convenient 100-calorie packs.  Which, as it turns out, is completely irrelevant to me, as I need two packages to satisfy even the smallest of hunger pangs.  I mean, c'mon.  Who really thinks 8 tiny pretzels even qualifies as a snack

And, the snack to end all snacks...

Ranch Wheat Thins
I am O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D.  At first bite, I wasn't sure I was a big fan of the explosion of flavor in my mouth.  Then, after eating a couple more, I couldn't get enough.  Like, for really real couldn't get enough.  As in, they're on the shopping list every. single. week.  I may have an illness.

Fellow snackers, I highly recommend these new favorites!  What are your faves?  (You know, because I need another snack to obsess over like I need a hole in the head.)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...