Sunday, May 22, 2011

Let's Talk Idol

Yes, friends, even with the lack of cable television (and NO DVR- gasp!), I have managed to keep up with Idol.  I have missed an episode here and there, but I'm still committed.

Why, some of you may be asking?  Not merely because I am a singer who loves to watch other singers.  Not because I have a bit of a rock star crush on weirdo Steven Tyler.  Not because I like to admire J.Lo's gorgeous ensembles.  Not even because I'm a fan of the word "pitchy."

Scotty McCreery, that's why.

What my readers afar may not know?  I live in a smallish town in North Carolina.  The next smallish town over?  Garner.  Home to the now-famous Scotty.  He is our hometown hero of the moment.  So exciting! 

This boy can sing.  And let me just say that I am not a fan of country music.  But that being said, I recognize that his kid has a true gift for it.  He just oozes that country charm, and his deep voice makes for some delicious country tuneage.  The fact that he cocks his microphone to the side and makes eyes at the camera only adds to his charm.

Also, he is a nice boy.  It is obvious, even on TV, that he was raised well.  He has manners and integrity.  He wants to grow up to be a good man.  I only hope that the music industry doesn't swallow that sweet-as-pie right up!  Because he will have a career in country music, whether he wins this contest or not.

So Tuesday night, I will be watching. and I will be voting.  And Wednesday night, I sincerely hope that I am tuning in to see a Scotty win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...