Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Golden Globes 2011

A few days late...but apparently that's how I roll these days. 

To sum up this year's Golden Globes red carpet- WILDLY disappointed!  I believe I told J more than once that I was disgusted with what the stars were wearing.  These people have lots of money!  Hire stylists, people!!!  Wait, what's that?  You have stylists?  Well then you should promptly fire them and hire someone else.  I PROMISE you that I could do a better job!  Throw some of that money my way!

TRENDS OF THE RED CARPET:

Emerald Green- Clearly the "it" color of the Globes!
Angelina Jolie in Versace

Catherine Zeta Jones in Monique Lhuillier

Elisabeth Moss in Donna Karan

Mila Kunis in Vera Wang
Asymmetrical and Cut-Out Red- some good, some bad, some ugly.
Christina Hendricks in Romona Keveza.  This dress was met with mixed reviews- I happen to love it!

Edie Falco in Valentino

January Jones in Versace.  Another dress with mixed opinions.  My opinion, January?  Yuck.  Again.
Drapey neutrals- boring and matronly.  For shame.
Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad

Sandra Bullock in Jenny Packham- and HEAVY bangs.  Yikes.

Scarlett Johansson in Elie Saab
And as if her gown wasn't bad enough, she added Bride of Frankenstein hair!  This was J's first thought, although I've heard the exact same comparison from many a fashionista.

BEST AND WORST DRESSED:
Unfortunately, friends, I've had an extremely difficult time choosing best and worst for this event.  Bear with me and my many finalists.

Best Dressed
Kyra Sedgwick in Emilio Pucci.  I LOVE the bold, tangerine color, and the cut of this dress is just gorgeous.  Well done once again, Kyra.

Eva Longoria in Zac Posen.  This dress makes this petite woman look downright curvy.  Amazing silhouette. 

And my #1?  Anne Hathaway in Armani.  Such a glamorous, sexy look.  Perfection.



Worst Dressed
(Yes, there are many!)
Halle Berry in Nina Ricci.  Such a shame to see such a beautiful woman in such an utterly ridiculous gown.

Heidi Klum in Marc Jacobs.  Wait, doesn't this woman host a show about fashion?

Julianne Moore in Lanvin.  It broke my heart to see my favorite Ginger movie star looking lopsided and silly in this one-sleeved atrocity.

Leighton Meester in Burberry.  Long sleeved and beige?  Really?

Tilda Swinton in Jil Sander.  No surprise to see her landed on my worst dressed list- or ANY worst dressed list, for that matter.  At this point, maybe she's just comfortable there?

Michelle Williams in Valentino.  She usually makes such good choices...which is why these absurd daisies confuse me so!  Michelle, unfortunately, was my biggest disappointment of the evening.

BUT, I couldn't leave off the perennial Helena Bonham Carter in Vivienne Westwood.  Believe it or not, her dress wasn't even the focus of the well-deserved ridicule.  Check out the shoes...two different colors??  Good ole' Helena never disappoints.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...