Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Middle of the Night Musical Musings

So am I the only one who wakes up in the middle of the night with a song in her head?

This happens to me ALL. THE. TIME.

Sometimes they are songs that I listen to often.  For example, the theme song from SuperWhy haunts me even in my dreams, and the background music from Monsters, Inc. is frequently the background music of my overnights.  These are songs that I hear frequently.  You know how toddlers love repetition?  Yeah.  Moms, not so much.

Then there are the songs that I am currently loving at the moment.  Sometimes they creep in.  Suit and Tie has popped up a few nights (have I mentioned lately how much I adore JT?), If I Was Your Man (I dig Bruno Mars) and even Thrift Shop.  Hey- don't judge me.  That song is EVERYWHERE, and it's catchy, dammit.

And just as a side note- it's SHOCKING that I even know this much current music.  My sister likes to remind me that I am in full-on "Mom Mode" and don't know anything about the here and now.  Sadly, she is right most of the time.

But I digress.

A few nights ago, this weird song was running through my mind again and again.  I absolutely cannot tell you the last time I heard this song.  It most certainly has not been downloaded onto my pod (unlike the aforementioned Thrift Shop- I said DON'T JUDGE ME!).  I can say with an almost guaranteed certainty that it hasn't been used in any advertisement lately, or appeared on any television show or movie.  So where did it come from?

Enjoy this gem from 1983.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...