Thursday, May 16, 2013

People Overload

I love me some People magazine.  I like to think of it as the intellectual's gossip magazine.  After all, it includes a few scant pieces on world events, and it includes a weekly crossword puzzle.  Gotta work the mind, yo.

For my 2012 29th birthday, J bought be a subscription.  Oh, how I loved getting that new issue every Friday.  Joy!  But as my 2013 29th birthday approached, along with Margot's due date, I suggested that he shouldn't bother to renew this year.  Because with two little ones, I had no idea when I would find the time to sit and read gossip magazines on a weekly basis.

Turns out, I was right.  I really don't have time to keep up with my mags.  How do I know this?  Because the folks over at People love me, and want me to be happy.  So they keep sending me magazines.

Here's my current must-get-through pile.
That's right.  These date back to April 1.  There were actually two or three older issues that made their way to the recycling bin before I had a chance to read them, thanks to a certain nugget spilling a certain Mommy's coffee all over them.

The funniest part is that at least once every few weeks we get a letter from People, begging us to resubscribe at a low low rate!

I think someone over at People needs to be fired.  This is just poor business.  But since I'm on the lucky end of this bad deal, I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...