Friday, May 10, 2013

Have You Tried These?

When I was pregnant with Gabe, I became a little obsessed with desserts.  It didn't really matter what kind (although frosting was always a bonus), just as long as it was sweet.  I was pleased with this pregnancy that I didn't have that same craving.  (Although I did crave booze- better or worse?  I'll let you decide.)

But lo and behold, now that she's born and I'm in the breastfeeding season, I am once again in need of something sweet after just about every meal.

I will admit that whilst shopping for Easter basket treats for my littles, I stumbled across these:
They never made it into an Easter basket.  They simply became my after-lunch dessert.  For weeks, they were on sale, BOGO.  So each week at the store, I felt simply compelled to take advantage of the sale, lest I miss out on these seasonal treats. 

'Twas a sad day when Easter was over and the shelves were cleared in these delights.

And then I had an epiphany.  Just as Reese's puts out seasonally shaped chocolate peanut butter treats (which are FAR SUPERIOR to the original cup, by the way), perhaps Milky Way was doing the same thing?  Was there, perchance, a normal, everyday, run of the mill variety of this treat?

After searching the candy aisles at a few stores, I found that the answer is YES.
Milky Way Simply Caramel is the best thing to happen to candy since, well- regular Milky Way.

I have gone through more than one bag of the "Fun Size" confections.  I'm afraid I may be indulging this craving for quite some time.  And the best part?  I also get to indulge my craving for booze now, too.  Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...