Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Holiday Nostalgia

I can remember when I was a kid, JC Penny would put out this HUGE holiday catalog each year.  It was full of everything your heart could ever desire to purchase.  I remember the excitement when this catalog would arrive.  I would impatiently flip past all of the adult clothing and home goods to get to the good stuff...the toys.  I would then take a crayon or marker and put giant red circles around all of the things I wanted for Christmas.  I'm pretty sure I circled a drum set every year, along with one of those power wheels pink convertibles.  Along with about a hundred other toys that I was never going to get.  Luckily I also had a sensible side, and would throw the occasional circle around a reasonable gift.

This week, Fisher Price, those sneaky bastards, sent us a Holiday 2012 catalog.  Look who is following in his mama's footsteps:

The nugget has spent days flipping through the pages of this magazine, quite literally "ooohing" and "aaahing" while pointing repeatedly at the toys he likes the best.  It is utterly adorable.

Gabe's wish list for Santa has officially begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...