Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Goings On

We've been busy little bees these days!

Last week, the nugget and I traveled to O.H.I.O. to visit with my family.  It was a wonderful trip!  I love to see Gabe spending time with his grandparents, who literally ran out to the car to greet us the moment we pulled that minivan into the driveway.  They just love him so much.  My sister and brothers were around, too.  The whole family was there (minus my hardworking hubby, whom we missed terribly).  Times like those are hard to come by lately, so it truly was a real treat.

Of course, we were out and about a ton.  We visited the aquarium, did some shopping, and played with fun new toys.  And was I good with the camera?  Of course not.  I didn't even remember to bring it to the aquarium, which was a highlight for sure.  But I did get some sweet shots of the boy playing with Grammy one morning.
What other way is there to watch TV when it's not wall-mounted?




Then on Friday, J took the day off and we went to the fair!  I have just come to love the state fair here in NC.  Mostly for the food- that's right.  I like to eat my way through that place from one end to the other.  But I was also very excited to be able to add the mommy stuff into the experience this year.  Last year, Gabe was too little to enjoy much, and mostly just rode around in his stroller and took in the sights.  This year, he could be more involved.  We had an awesome time.  Family outings like this are one of my favorite things in life.
Thinking about trying a piece of funnel cake...

He'll give it a whirl...

He likes it!

Watching the cows in the livestock show.

Riding the carousel with Daddy.  He loved it so much, he cried when it was over!

Petting zoo!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...