Monday, September 17, 2012

Pinspired: Pinned It, Did It! Vol. 4

It's been awhile, I know.  Mostly because the kitchen was an off limits place for me for several months there.  But I'm back at it now, and back to finding and trying many-a new recipe on good ole' Pinterest.

Here are a few of my recents.

Onion Ring Coated Chicken
Source: frenchs.com via Betsey on Pinterest

This one was kinda meh. The crispy onions did not add as much flavor as I would have expected. Not bad, but not one that I'll be adding to the regular rotation. If you do decide to try this one, cook the chicken up on some sort of rack, rather than directly on the baking sheet. This allows the coating to stay crispy.

Balsamic Brown Butter Asparagus.  Have I written about this one before?

J L.O.V.E.S. it. He is so excited that asparagus is finding its way to our table more frequently. He actually ate the cold, leftover stalks from my plate one night, and skipped the leftover meat. Craziness. I shorten the cooking time from 12 to 10 minutes, as I like a little bite left to my veggies, and that made all the difference. I also like to roast the spears in this same style, but toss with a little Parmesan cheese to finish. Good eats.

Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast

This was a good one. The flavor is nothing like I would have imagined it to be as I was combining ingredients in my trusty Crock Pot. But it was tasty. I love dishes where the meat literally falls to pieces as I'm trying to slice it. This one is worth trying.

Toddler Muffins

For those of you with picky eaters, these are just a gem. Made with squash, carrots, and mashed bananas, but somehow still taste good! As a matter of fact, I think J ate just as many of them as the nugget did. A word to the wise, however- this recipe made a ton, and I'd advise freezing some to save for later. I tossed all of mine into a Tupperware bowl, but they are SO moist that they started to grow mold before we had made our way through them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...