Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Emmy 2012 Fashion Wrap Up

Award show season is here yet again!
The 2012 Emmy Awards were handed out Sunday night.  Oh, how I love to see all of the fashion come down the red carpet!  I've never seen so much yellow walk into one awards show- and I liked it!  Lots of other deep fall colors, as well, like oranges and burgandys.  Reminds me that there is a nip in the air, and the sweltering days of summer are behind us.

I had too much trouble narrowing down my picks to the best and worst three- so here are my best and worst five!  And a few question marks...

The Best
Ginnifer Goodwin in Monique Lhuillier.  I adore the orange color and vintage feel of this gown.  Not just anyone could pull this look off, but I think she did it with so much class.  And those shoes?  Perfection.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Vera Wang.  Talk about class.  This gown 's deep burgandy color  goes so well with her sleek, dark hair.  The sheer shoulders give just enough sex appeal without looking too "young."  Well done, Julia.

Kat Dennings in J Mendel.  Although this is a bit too much cleavage for my liking, the gown is still stunning.  I love the pulling and draping of the fabric- it creates such a gorgeous silhouette.   

Kelly Osborne in Zac Posen.  Okay, so it's a bit odd that her hair matches her dress.  But this dress is  just gorgeous!  I love the detailing at the shoulder and the gather at the hem.  And this color is just not one you see too often!  It looks stunning with her alabaster skin.

Padma Lakshmi in Monique Lhuillier.  Oh, the orange!  As a redhead, I have a soft spot for this color.   The fit of this gown is lovely.  Padma looks gorgeous, as usual.  


The Worst
Julianne Moore, my favorite ginger celebrity, in Zac Posen.  Why the long sleeves???

Ariel Winter in Katherine Kidd.  What is the deal with this print?  And those clunky shoes?  

January Jones in Zac Posen.  I'm all for a structural gown, but the skirt on this one is taking it just a titch too far.

Lena Dunham in Prada.  I always thought the idea was to find a gown that is figure flattering.  This one makes her look double wide.

Zosia Mamet in Bibhu Mohapatra.  I am not digging the matador shoulders, and don't get me started on the skirt- because I can't even tell what I'm looking at.


The Question Marks
Claire Danes in Lanvin.  I am one who thinks it looks better to embrace the bump.  She is clearly trying to hide hers, and I think it comes off a little sloppy.  Maybe without the baby belly this dress would lay better?

Julie Bowen in Monique Lhuillier.  I love the cut and style of this dress, I really do.  I just can't quite get past the color.  I've heard it described as citrine?  A little too neon for me, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...