Thursday, June 17, 2010

This one's for my MIL.


Yesterday, I somehow got sucked into watching "Toddlers and Tiaras" on TLC.  (I think it came on after What Not to Wear...so I didn't turn it on purposefully!)  Here is my professional review:

One word.

Crazy.

These parents are so nutty!  I watched a four year old little girl be pampered to a day at the spa, complete with facial, manicure, pedicure, and massage.  Now for myself, that sounds delightful!  But to think of spending that kind of money on a four year old kid, who would probably rather be playing in the mud?  No, thank you!

I heard about the money that "Pageant Moms" spend on those glittery, sparkly, tutu-type dresses.  They START at $650, and go up to $1500!  That's more than we spent on my wedding gown!


Those little girls are spray-tanned, made-up, hair-extensioned, fake-toothed, and dressed up like dolls.  Then they are berated by their parents for not "shimmying" enough on stage.








She doesn't want to shimmy...she just wants her blankie!

Whoa.

There was even a baby category, and there was a THREE DAY OLD contestant.  Don't you have anything better to do with your baby's first THREE days of life??  Like, I dunno, bond with your child?

All that being said...that show is literally like a train wreck.  I couldn't look away.

Luckily J shook me back to reality and turned off the television.

Doesn't look like there will be any pageants for the Anderson babies of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...